It is so very easy to stay in bed an extra hour instead of getting up in the cold and heading to the gym. But we have come up with a plan to ‘tone it up a notch’, you won’t want to miss a workout for a very long time.
What it means to ‘tone’:
There are so many ‘gym’ terms that we don’t even know if we want to lose fat, or gain muscle, or lose weight, or tone? Often, you feel like you need to lose weight, but in actual fat, a little bit of toning the body will do the trick.
“Tone: To have some amount of muscle on your body AND then have a low enough body fat percentage so that this muscle can actually be seen.
The more muscle you have and the less fat you have covering it, the more “toned” and “defined” and “ripped” and “cut” you will appear to be. The more fat covering your muscle, the less visible it will be and the less “toned” you will appear”
In order for the above to happen you will either need to lose some fat, or build more muscle, or even a combination of the two.
Ways to lose fat:
- Cardio: A lot of cardio will burn calories quickly, which results in fat loss.
- Eating Right: Quit sugar! Quit Dairy! But don’t quit the good fats, remember fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar makes you fat. Foods like Avocado and Fish have omega’s and fats that help burn unwanted fats. Foods that are full of anti-oxidants also help with burning fat, some examples are: Berries, Red Beans, Artichokes and Prunes.
- HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training, like fast reps and lighter weights help in the fat loss process.
- Increase your protein: and decrease your carb intake.
- Power Plate: That funny looking machine at the gym that vibrates, helps a lot more than just burning fat, it also aids in circulation of the body which eliminates cellulite.
Ways to build muscle:
- Stay off the scale: Your body weight will change during the fat loss and weight building process, do not confuse yourself or your body while training, just focus on your end result.
- Heavier weights: And less reps. By doing this, your muscles become more defined.
- Start a weight training program: It is important not to neglect any part of the body during muscle training.
The Result: Toned!
Step 2: The Right Music
Its important to have some high-energy music to listen to while at the gym, it is a proven fact that music increases your motivation, which helps you train harder. Below are some songs that are great for getting hyped up for your workout!
Playlist Part 1: Part 2 will be in next months Maaji Blog Post
- Aero – The Game (Florian Kempers Remix)
- Alessia Cara – Here (Lucian Remix)
- Anna Graceman – Words (Glastrophobie Remix)
- Christian Carcamo – Closer To You (Sander W & Rami Remix)
- Coldplay – Midnight (Kygo Remix)
- Ellie Goulding – High For This (Kygo Remix)
- Flume – Never Be Like You Ft. Kai
- Gostan – Klanga (De Hofnar Remix)
- James Bay – Let It Go (Boehm Remix)
- Justin Bieber – Sorry (Deep House Remix)
- Kiiara – Gold (Achtabahn Remix)
- Kodaline – High Hopes (Filous Remix)
Step 3: New Gymwear
If you haven’t seen my last blog post about Maaji SA Activewear you can check it out here. This month I am featuring the Megalong Valley Sweater, Russet Soul Tights, and Earth Warrior Bracelets all from Colourbox SA I absolutely love Maaji Activewear, their items are trendy, colourful, and fit so perfectly!
Maaji Megalong Valley Sweater
Maaji Russet Soul Tights
Maaji Earth Warrior Bracelets
Win With Maaji SA
You can stand the chance of winning a R2500.00 voucher to shop online at Colourbox for Maaji SA Activewear by entering online at www.giveawaysa.co.za
Follow Maaji SA On Social Media
Facebook: Maaji Swimwear- South Africa
Follow Colourbox SA On Social Media
Maaji SA Special