Its about time I flush all the sugar out of my system. December time is so hard with eating healthy when all the festive get-togethers involve a lot of eating, the bad kind that is. Many people don’t know how toxic sugar really is for your health, so below are a couple reasons why I have decided to do the 21 day detoxSo, you are probably wondering why I am doing 21 days of detox. After a substantial amount of research, I realised that all habits have an emotional payoff, and therefore an emotional trigger. When trying to break a habit, the body goes through several stages of withdrawals and side effects. Much like a drug.
Before I get started on my reasons for quitting sugar, this does not include fruit. The sugar found in fruit is natural, however even though my body tends to react really well to eating fruit, many people have the opposite effect, so if this is the case then you may want to consider staying away from fruit as well.
- Sugar is considered a drug because it is highly addictive, it causes massive dopamine release in the brain. People with a susceptibility to addiction become easily addicted to sugar, and will find it extremely hard to prevent themselves from consuming it
- I am sure you have heard the saying ‘fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar makes you fat’. Well, this is very true indeed, don’t get fooled by the ‘fat free’ content on packages because it often contains up to 99% sugar
- Sugar contains absolutely no essential nutrients
- Sugar is hidden in all sorts of foods and drinks that are perceived as healthy, like fruit juice, dried fruit and cereals.
- Diabetes results from insulin resistance which is caused by eating sugar
- Overall, it is bad for your health, your body, your brain, your teeth, and your well being
So basically, you don’t have to follow any crazy diet plan deprive yourself of food, just cut out anything that may contain hidden sugar, below is my list of what I will be cutting out for 21 days:
- simple carbs (white bread, pasta, flour)
- no processed foods
If you think you need something sweet you could have:
- herbal tea
PS: I will be using these products to enhance my detox, they are available on our website
Trackback from your site.