Pollutants in the water. Pesticides on the plants. Xeno-oestrogens in the meat. Heavy metals in the fish. It’s a messy modern world and it’s only getting messier. Like a teenager’s bedroom. We’ve all just learnt to live with it.
Toxins are everywhere, we wish it wasn’t a fact, but it is. Pollutants in the air, water and soil contaminate fruits, vegetables, plants and the animals that feed on them. Meaning? Almost everything we put into our bodies comes with toxins in tow. Yuck.
The most common criminals are:
– Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB’s): It is an infamous industrial chemical that’s been banned in the US for decades. Still often found as an environmental pollutant, particularly in farmed salmon, which are fed ground-up fish that have absorbed PCBs. These toxins have been linked to cancer, impaired foetal brain development, hormonal problems.
– Pesticides, such as DDT and kepone: According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), 60% of herbicides, 90% of fungicides and 30% of insecticides are known to be carcinogenic. More disturbing: 50 to 95% of US foods have been found to contain pesticide residues. Pesticides are linked to cancer, Parkinson’s, miscarriage, birth defects, reduced nutrient absorption.
– Heavy metals: Like arsenic, mercury, lead, aluminum and cadmiumare found in far too many places, including water, pesticides, antiperspirants, dental fillings and accumulating in the soft tissues of the body. They have been linked to cancer, neurological disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, reduced blood cell production, fatigue, nausea, abnormal heart rhythm, blood vessel damage.
– Phthalates: Because these compounds mimic hormones, they’re considered xeno-oestrogens. They’re used in many fragrances, lotions, shampoos and make-up. Plus they’re found in plastic bottles, wrapping and storage containers. These little toxins causes hormonal problems and are particularly dangerous to children
– Dioxins: Formed through the burning of wood, coal, oil or waste. More than 95% of our exposure is from eating commercial animal fats. These may cause cancer, developmental disorders, skin conditions, excessive body hair, mild liver damage
– Radiation and radioactive substances: From X-rays, radiation therapy, nuclear power plants, cell phone masts, telephone wires, cell phones and certain appliances. Even comes from the atmosphere and geopathic stress under the ground. These toxins are linked to damage to cells with widespread effects in various body systems.
Toxins like PCB and phthalates are known as xeno-oestrogens. That means “foreign oestrogens” because the compounds have oestrogen-like effects. Bad news for women. And worse news for men.
These are dangerous metals that can accumulate in the body’s tissues and add up to heavy metal toxicity. Toxic heavy metals include:
– Mercury (which is considered one of the heaviest hitters by far)
These are mostly found in contaminated water, certain fish, environmental waste and pollution, metal dental fillings, some vaccines and products like pesticides, antiperspirant, building materials and paint. All too common for comfort.
So what, you might think, but heavy metal toxicity interferes with cellular function and so can have all-over effects, like:
– Neurological disorders
– Alzheimer’s disease
– Fatigue, nausea and vomiting
– Decreased red and white blood cell production
– Damaged blood vessels
– Abnormal heart rhythm
Want more heavy metal facts and solutions?
Click to download the following PDF: Symptoms of mercury and heavy metal chronic toxicity
0.5 GRAMS: That’s how much mercury is found in a metal filling. According to campaigners, if the same amount was present in a 10 acre lake, there would be warnings about eating the fish!
Mercury is known as a neurotoxic metal because it damages the central nervous system. Among other things. It messes with cells’ ability to nurture and detoxify themselves – particularly nerve cells. The result? If the cells aren’t poisoned to death they’re pushed to a state of chronic malnutrition and dysfunction. What a nerve!
Mercury is mostly found in contaminated fish, but also in soil, water, the atmosphere, some plants and livestock, waste, vaccines and dental amalgam.
Another frightening fact is that mercury is a controversial component of old-style dental amalgam fillings. Some scientists said it was safe, but consumer groups say it triggers conditions like Alzheimer’s and multiple sclerosis. In 2008 the FDA warned that mercury in fillings may be neurotoxic for foetuses and young children. Nuff said.
What does mercury do wrong?
IT DAMAGES NERVES. Research from the University of Calvary’s Faculty of Medicine found that mercury ions actually alter the cell membrane of developing neurons. It also found that low-level mercury exposure can cause or trigger neurodegeneration. That’s why mercury toxicity can lead to neurological effects, such as:
– Tingling, numbness, pins-and-needles, loss of sensation, muscle weakness
– Memory loss
– Impaired peripheral vision
– Lack of coordination
– Mood swings
– Alzheimer’s disease
IT DAMAGES OTHER THINGS TOO. Because mercury interferes with energy production inside each cell it can have widespread effects, including…
– Chronic fatigue
– Skin rashes
– Kidney damage
– Autoimmune symptoms
– Chronic or recurrent viral, bacterial and fungal infections.
MADNESS AND MERCURY. In the 19th century, mercury was used in hat-making. As a result, hatters often suffered from mercury poisoning and its disturbing neurological effects. And that’s why Alice didn’t go to a Mad Plumber’s Tea Party.
Want more on mercury?
THE SOLUTION: Why you need to detox
If the garbage truck doesn’t come, it causes a stink, Right? That’s a metaphor for a toxic pile-up in your body that could contribute to:
– Reduced immunity
– Mood changes and reduced stress tolerance
– Hormonal imbalances
– Enzyme dysfunction
– Nutritional deficiencies
– Reproductive disorders
– Neurological disorders (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression, attention deficit disorder)
FACT: Toxins and chemicals are typically stored in fact cells. And it’s been estimated that most Americans are carrying between 400 and 800 of them. As if the fat isn’t bad enough.
WHAT A GOOD DETOX CAN DO FOR YOU
Helping your body clear its garbage can help to:
– Ease the strain on full-time filtration organs like the liver and kidneys
– Boost the immune system and the ability to resist infection
– Prevent damage to cells and toxic tissue degeneration
– Increase energy levels
– Improve mood and reduce mood swings
– Counter free radical damage and the ageing process.
FACT: According to a study published in the British Medical Journal about 75% percent of cancers are caused by external factors, including exposure to chemicals. Another report from Columbia University says that 95% of cancers are caused by diet and environmental toxicity. That’s too much. Either way.
HEAVY METAL DETOX TOOLS
These tools are called chelators from the Greek word for “claw” or “grab”. They move around the body grabbing and binding to heavy metal molecules. Once the metal is bound to the chelator, it’s neutralised and naturally excreted by the kidneys or gut. Good riddance.
Natural amino acid chelators are produced by cells towards their own detoxification.
Dietary sugars, proteins and fats lend a claw to the chelation process.
Synthetic chelators have been produced by certain pharmaceutical companies.
Natural substances that do the same thing include chlorella, Chlorella Growth Factor, zeolites, chlorophyll, alpha lipoic acid, amino acids (especially cysteine, methionine and glutathione), selenium, garlic, vitamin C, clay and cilantro (more of a “mobiliser” than a chelator).
FACT: Imagine you’re a natural detoxifier. Now imagine you were grown in polluted, contaminated water or soil. Actually, that makes you a toxifier, right? Of course right. That’s why all The Real Thing detoxifiers are grown and produced in the purest, cleanest environments. Guaranteed.
HEAVY METAL DETOX TIPS
One man who has a lot to say about detox (and a lot of letters after his name to show that he knows what he’s saying) is Dr Dietrich Klinghardt, founder of, among other things, the American Academy of Neural Therapy and chairman of Klinghardt Academy in the UK.
To detox your body properly, take some tips from the Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol. It’s based on a high protein, mineral, fatty acid and fluid intake, and also on some prime detoxifying supplements.
Dr Klinghardt’s detox protocol suggests using the following products to properly detox and lucky for you these products can be bought on our website by clicking on the links below
– Cilantro – The Real Thing Cilantro
– Chlorella – The Real Thing Chlorella
– Chlorella Growth Factor – The Real Thing Chlorella Growth Factor
– Garlic – The Real Thing Alli-Biotic
– Fish Oil – The Real Thing Mega Omega
– Balanced Electrolyte Solution – The Real Thing Green Power
You can find the original post on The Real Thing’s website by clicking HERE