As you know, we at Life Retreat LOVE natural and biodegradable products! We have been using ‘Better Earth’ products for the past week, and absolutely loving them. Better For You, Better For The Earth.
The main aim of better earth is to get as many people as possible to use house-hold products that have little or no knock effects to the broader environment. Their products are bio-degradable, do not contain harmful chemicals and are certainly better for the earth than some of your more conventional cleaners.
Their product range consists of a cleaning spray, floor cleaners, air fresheners, dish washing liquid and dish washing gel for automatic machines.
We found this very interesting Infographic that might open your eyes to switching to organic products.
A few Better Earth Products we got to try:
Natural Dishwashing Liquid
This dish washing liquid is readily biodegradable but cleans your dishes perfectly. It is easy on your hands and the environment but tough on grease.
750ml / 5l
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil
Cocamidopropyl betaine Co-surfactant (Helps to make products lather). Approved by Soil Association, Ecocert and BDIH. This ingredient is extracted from coconut oil. It has an excellent safety record and is very well tolerated. It is approved under the Nordic Swan mark scheme that measures the environmental and health impact of cosmetic ingredients.
Laundry Gel with Fabric Conditioner
There is no need to add fabric softener as this gel contains a fabric conditioner that is safe for all fabrics.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Borate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Linalool, Limonene.
Natural cleaning Spray
This fragrant cleaning spray will leave surfaces fresh and clean. Can be used on kitchen counters, walls, stove tops and glass surfaces. This is a really gentle cleaner so you can pretty much try it on anything!
Ingredients: Water (aqua), acetic acid, biodegradable liquid soap, essential oils (Lavendula officinalis, Thymus vulgaris, Rosmarinus officinalis
Better Earth: Their Mission is to provide:
- Household products that are 100% biodegradable and safe for use in grey water systems and that have as little knock on effects to the broader environment as possible
- Products that are made locally and support ethical farming practices in South Africa
- Products that have not been tested on animals and contain no animal by-products
- Effective, easy to use products that leave your home clean and fresh
- Safe products that have no adverse affects on you or your family
- An interactive forum providing you with the opportunity to ask questions and give opinions or hints on ways to live in a more sustainable life
- A way of spreading awareness about the harmful effects of household products that are not biodegradable and their consequences to the environment further down the line
- An ever growing and extended range that supplies you with more substitutes to environmentally harmful products
a good value for money product that is better for the earth and therefore better for you!
Have a look at www.betterearth.co.za for more products and info
” Better For You, Better For The Earth ”