No one likes having dandruff. It not only is embarrassing but a nuisance too. But sometimes with all our busy schedules, we tend to neglect our scalps. And we end up suffering the consequences.
But the fact is, the scalp needs just as much love and care as the face! Hair experts say a good scalp treatment is key to glossy, healthy strands and a itch-free, hydrated scalp. And this is what our grandmothers understood pretty well. They regularly brewed up lotions and potions for their skin. And you should too.
The benefits of coconut oil for your scalp
A coconut oil treatment will:
- Loosen hardened sebum (natural oil)
- Remove hair product build-up
- Bust dead skin cells
- Unclog hair follicles
- Boost circulation
So, if you have a flaky, dry scalp, then the coconut oil recipe I’m about to give you will change your life. But don’t wait until you have dandruff to try it. Also, it can help keep your hair hydrated and accelerate hair growth.
Coconut oil dandruff treatment recipe
6 tbsp extra virgin organic coconut oil
3-4 drops tea tree oil
4-6 drops rosemary oil
- Mix all three ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp using a brush or a cotton wall.
- Part your hair and work in small section to make sure you evenly distribute the mixture.
- Massage your scalp, rubbing your fingertips in a circular motion for five to ten minutes.
- Leave the mixture in your hair for another 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and wash with your regular shampoo. Finish with a good conditioner.
[Tweet”Coconut Oil Recipe For Dandruff.@Liferetreat_”]