One Superfood can be found right next to the Gummi bears on the checkout aisle. In fact those dark chocolate bars are good for more than curing a broken heart.
You can indulge in some chocolate without feeling to guilty.
Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health.
Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.
Studies show that dark chocolate (not the sugary stuff) can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease.
1. Dark Chocolate is Very Nutritious
– If you buy quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content (50% plus), then it is actually quite nutritious.
– It contains a decent amount of fibre and is loaded with minerals.
– Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc and Selenium.
– These nutrients do come with calories and sugar , so dark chocolate is best consumed in moderation.
– It also contains a small amount of caffeine, but won’t keep you awake.
Bottom Line: Quality dark chocolate is good for your health and has many needed minerals.
2. Dark Chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants
One study showed that cocoa and dark chocolate contain a wide variety of powerful antioxidants, way more than most other foods, even Acai berries.
3. Weight Loss
– If you’re wondering how you can add dark chocolate to your diet plan without putting on pounds, the good news is that it should be easier than you expect.
– Researchers from the University of Copenhagen found that dark chocolate is far more filling than its lighter-colored rivals.
– That is, dark chocolate lessens cravings for sweet, salty, and fatty foods.
– So indulging in a bit of healthy dark chocolate should not only make it easy for you to stick to the small portion recommended for optimal health, but it should make it easier for you to stick to your diet in general. Jackpot!
4. Dark Chocolate May Improve Blood Flow, Blood Pressure & Cholesterol
– The bioactive compounds in cocoa can improve blood flow in the arteries and cause a small but significant decrease in blood pressure.
– It also helps to oxidise fats better and in the long term, this should cause much less cholesterol to lodge in the arteries and we should see a lower risk of heart disease.
– Studies show a drastic reduction in heart disease risk for the people who consume the dark chocolate regularly.
5. Dark Chocolate can Improve your Mental Vitality
– Dark chocolate may also improve the function of the mind. One study of healthy volunteers showed that 5 days of consuming high-flavanol cocoa improved their IQ test scores.
– Cocoa also contains stimulant substances like caffeine and theobromine, which may be a key reason cocoa can improve mental vitality in the short term.
Take Home Message
There is considerable evidence that cocoa can provide powerful health benefits, being especially protective against cardiovascular disease. But of course, this doesn’t mean people should go all out and consume lots of chocolate every day. It is still loaded with calories and easy to overeat on. Maybe have a square or two after dinner and try to really savor them. Be aware that a lot of the chocolate on the market is just sugary crap. You need to choose quality stuff… organic, dark chocolate with 50% or higher cocoa content. Dark chocolates often contain some sugar, but the amounts are usually small and the darker the chocolate, the less sugar it will contain.
There are of course other benefits to chocolate that I have not mentioned… such as the awesome taste !
To Purchase your 4 week diet plan CLICK HERE
To Purchase your 8 week diet plan CLICK HERE
Find other great superfoods, diet programs or metabolism enhancers on www.lifestyleshoponline.co.za