Apple Cider Vinegar is one of those things that will always have a place on my shelf. It’s said to be the father of all medicine and I don’t only use it daily but also recommend it to all my family and friends. I hope the few health benefits I’ll share with you today will make you keep a special place for it in your kitchen.
Four benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It stimulates enzymes and the creation of saliva in the mouth thus aiding digestion. Also, it clears the sinuses and soothes sore throats. In addition, it’s said to relieve muscle pain and to even reverse aging.
1. Removes Warts
A trip to the doctor to remove a wart is not only scary but can be painful and leave a scar. So, to avoid this trip, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and cover the wart. Leave it covered overnight. You can use medical tape or a bandaid. Repeat this process every night until the wart falls off.
2. Lowers High cholesterol and blood pressure
Apple Cider Vinegar can improves heart health by lowering triglycerides, total cholesterol, and very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL), the dangerous form of cholesterol that’s linked to heart attacks. In addition, there’s some evidence that it regulates blood pressure by increasing nitric oxide production, thus relaxing blood vessels.
3. Reduces heartburn, reflux and digestive issues
Although vinegar contains high levels of acetic acid, taking vinegar can help reduce acidity and alkalize the body. This is because acid reflux usually occurs from having too little stomach acid. Apple Cider Vinegar is a simple and effective way to not only reduce reflux symptoms but improve the acid content of your stomach and help break down food.
4. Helps with Weightloss
Sipping on Apple cider vinegar can help you feel more full, which can help you eat less. In fact, it has been used in weight-loss protocols for many years. Furthermore, a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry also shows that acetic acid, found in ACV, slows fat accumulation.
How to add apple cider vinegar to your diet
1. Diluting one tablespoon in one cup of warm or room temperature water daily, or taking one tablespoon 10-20 minutes before meals as a digestive drink.
2. Add it to your mustards, sauces and dips. You can also make a salad dressings with healthy oils, spices, pepper, herbs and pink Himalayan rock salt.
3. Use it to tenderise chicken, lamb in beef in slow cooking. You can also, use it as an ingredient in bone broths to bring out all of the amazing minerals out of the bones.
Please let us know how you like to take your Apple Sider Vinegar