There’s a little trick your brain plays on you when use processed sugar and artificial sweeteners. It anticipates that calories will follow? But they don’t. So, your brain is then triggered to make up for those “missing calories.” You then eat more. What you need to fuel your body with are natural whole foods your body can easily assimilate nutrients from. And one of the best sources of carbohydrates, vitamin B6, potassium, manganese, copper and magnesium is dates. Here’s why you should use dates to sweeten your life…
Benefits of eating dates
The benefits of dates include relief from intestinal disorders, constipation, anemia, heart problems, sexual dysfunction, abdominal cancer and diarrhea. Some health specialists insist that you eat at least one per day for a healthy balanced diet. You can eat dates in different ways. They’re fantastic for re-fueling. So, snack on them while you’re at the gym or out for a run. Here are six great ways to eat them…
Six ways to use dates in recipes
1. Use dates with almonds or pecans to make a super-simple piecrust in your food processor.
2. Add two or more pitted dates to a smoothie to sweeten it up.
3. Sweeten up homemade nut milk by adding two or three pitted dates while blending and straining the milk as usual through a nut milk bag.
4. Make date syrup with a few pitted dates and water to sweeten up raw dessert recipes.
5. Toss dates into a nutritious salad made with blueberries, strawberries and pecans.
6. Whip up a yummy caramel dip by blending dates, almond butter, pure vanilla extract, maple syrup and Himalayan salt together.
Where to get dates