I enjoy smoothie bowls. They’re great because you can turn them into a complete meal simply by adding a few other toppings and ingredients. A smoothie bowl for a healthy and delicious breakfast? Yes please!
This smoothie bowl recipe I’m about to share is not just an ordinary smoothie. It gives your body a powerful dose of green energy instantly. So, the next time you start to have tired mornings, give it a try. It will surely boost your energy both physically and mentally!
What gives this smoothie bowl energy boosting properties?
Well, there are a number of reasons, but there are just a few that I want to let you in on:
- It’s packed with berries and leafy greens, which contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are essential to every aspect of your health;
- It has nut butter, which is an excellent source of healthy fats and protein;
- It also contains avocado, one of the best heart-healthy foods which feeds your brain too;
- In addition, it has a blend of flaxseed meal, which provides essential dietary fibre; and
- It has no added sugar -All you’ll get is natural sweetness from frozen bananas.
Energy boosting green smoothie bowl recipe
Ingredients to blend:
¼ ripe avocado
2 frozen bananas, chopped
1 cup frozen mixed berries
2 cups spinach
1 cup kale
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp flax seed meal
2 tbsp almond butter
Ingredients or topping:
Roasted sunflower seeds
Roasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc.)
Add all the ingredients to blend to your blender. Puree on high-speed for one minute.
Taste the smoothie mixture and adjust accordingly. For example – to thin the mixture add more almond milk, or for added sweetness add more frozen banana.
Pour the smoothie mixture into two bowls and top with the ingredients for topping.
Serve fresh and enjoy immensely!
You can keep leftovers in your fridge for up to two days.