Most women want to know what they can do to lower their risk of breast cancer. However, some factors such as age and genetics can’t be changed. In fact, just being a woman increases your risk of developing breast cancer up to 12%. And because you’re a woman, you’re exposed to so many toxic chemicals every day through the use of beauty products. An overload of these chemicals in the body have been linked to breast cancer. So, here are beauty products that experts say are the safest…
How to choose the right makeup
1. Choose products with simple ingredients. Try to stay away from products packaged in large container just to fit all the ingredients.
2. Try to avoid heavily fragranced products. This is because they’re usually loaded with millions of chemicals.
3. Natural is the way to go. There are lots of all natural products. As you know when it comes from nature, it’s safe to use.
4. Avoid trusting what the product label says. Just because it implies that it’s an all-natural product, doesn’t mean it is. So, try to get more information about brands and products and stick to the ones your know.
5. Always read the labels on your products. Stay away from products with imidazolidinyl urea and DMDM hydantoin. Also, “PEG” compounds and words ending in “-eth”, parabens or any word ending in “-paraben”, oxybenzone, triclocarban and triclosan, hydroquinone and triethanolamine (TEA).
6. When it comes to nail polish, check for formaldehyde. Don’t forget to check at your favourite salon too. It’s important to be choosy about where you got to get your nails and make-up done.
7. Look for antiperspirant deodorants as they don’t contain aluminium.
So, take a good look at what’s in your make-up bag and get rid of what you don’t really need. It’s up to you to reduce your risk of developing breast cancer by choosing safe products to use as part of your beauty routine. You might also like: Is your bra giving you breast cancer? and Five things to look out for when shopping for beauty products.