Are you really living? Or are you just existing… Think about this carefully. Are you doing what makes you happy or what makes others happy? Are you living for yourself or living for others?
I recently came across the most beautiful video from the Canon South Africa campaign called “Live For The Story” and it made me take a step back and look at life in a different way. We don’t have long to live, and we don’t know when our day might come. You live, and you die. You love, and you lose. It’s time to appreciate the moment. Just Live For Your Story.
Take A Look at This
I wake up each day wondering what I can do to take a step forward in life and what do I need to do to achieve my goals, and then I tell myself that the only way I will do this is to start living! Get up and live your dreams, strive for what you would like to achieve even if it means working day and night until you start seeing progress.
Ofcourse, when I thought about ‘Living For The Story’ I turned to my very favourite author and public speaker Robin Sharma, who listed his ’60 Tips For A Stunningly Great Life’
1. Exercise daily.
2. Get serious about gratitude.
3. See your work as a craft.
4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
5. Keep a journal.
6. Read your favourite book.
7. Plan a schedule for your week.
8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.
9. Say no to distractions.
10. Drink a lot of water.
11. Improve your work every single day.
12. Get a mentor.
13. Hire a coach.
14. Get up at 5 am each day.
15. Eat less food.
16. Find more heroes.
17. Be a hero to someone.
18. Smile at strangers.
19. Be the most ethical person you know.
20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.
22. Save 10% of your income each month.
23. Spend time at art galleries.
24. Walk in the woods.
25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
29. Have 5 great friends.
30. Become stunningly polite.
31. Unplug your TV.
32. Sell your TV.
33. Read daily.
34. Avoid the news.
35. Be content with what you have.
36. Pursue your dreams.
37. Be authentic.
38. Be passionate.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Have a vision for your life.
42. Know your strengths.
43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
44. Be patient.
45. Don’t give up.
46. Clean up your messes.
47. Use impeccable words.
48. Travel more.
49. Read uplifting quotes.
50. Honor your parents.
51. Tip taxi drivers well.
52. Be a great teammate.
53. Give no energy to critics.
54. Spend time in the mountains.
55. Know your top 5 values.
56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
57. Innovate and iterate.
58. Speak less. Listen more.
59. Be the best person you know.
60. Make your life matter.
Get Yourself A Camera!
After reading all of the above I thought there is just one thing missing… Documenting all the beauty life has to offer and capturing the moments that may never happen again, which is why I started taking more pictures.
I have been a very big fan of Canon since I first purchased my very own EOS 70D, however I recently decided to get the most out of capturing moments and wanted something I can take with me everywhere I go, so the Canon EOS M10 has been glued to my hip ever since!
Facebook: Life Retreat
Tag myself and @canonsafrica in your #LiveForTheStory Images
More Information On The EOS M10