Usually I tend to research ‘how to cure insomnia’ but unfortunately I have not succeeded just yet, although there are various things I have done to deal with insomnia.They say insomnia is the killer. I think in many ways this is true. I am so tired of getting out of bed tired, feeling ugly and irritable for the rest of the day. Recently I decided that after the past few years of trying to ‘cure’ my insomnia, I should rather try deal with my insomnia Below I have listed a couple of things that I have tried and tested, they don’t cure my insomnia, but they all contribute to me feeling a little bit rested in the morning:
- My most important tip is to stay away from caffeine and alcohol as much as possible. Especially during the evenings. Caffeine, as we all know keeps you awake, its not even worth trying to fight the caffeine when wanting to go to sleep. Alcohol, on the other hand, doesn’t do your sleep patterns much justice. the side effects of alcohol are pretty self-explanatory
- Stay away from technology. I know, I know, the best time of the day is when you get home from work, catch up on every ones’ news, watch all the crime channels hoping nightmares won’t occur and fall asleep surrounded by the devices. But I don’t think anyone realises the impact all of this has on their brains, bed time is about switching off and relaxing but cannot be done with so much happening around us
- Get into the habit of getting into bed the same time every night. Our bodies love routine, try waking up the same time every morning and jumping into bed the same time every night, for a week. You will start noticing that when you get into bed the same time, the body knows to switch off and relax.
- Drink chamomile tea. Chamomile leaves have relaxing benefits, they are not sleep inducing, but contain a mild relaxant for the body to slow down. I often drink Chamomile tea during a hectic day at work just to calm the anxiety and nerves. When we go to sleep our minds race from the activities of the day.
- Make Lavender your best friend. Most sleeping sprays / mists you find in the shops contain lavender oil. Lavender is used to balance the body. You could purchase our lavender oil, and either put a few drops on your pillow or rub into your temples before bed (not near eyes). It works wonders! BUY HERE
- Meditate! Meditation is a practice on its own, we absolutely love meditating. There will be a meditation blog up soon.
I hope these tips help!
Trackback from your site.