A homemade magnesium scrub is a perfect solution to the dry summer skin. It is an amazing exfoliator for feet, but it can be used on face and body as well. Furthermore, it leaves skin tingly and smooth and is completely natural.
Experts estimate that 80-95+% percent of adults are deficient in magnesium, and this can have dire consequences. Magnesium deficiency may contribute to depression, anxiety, heart disease and hypertension. Also, high blood pressure, pregnancy complications and more.
Other soothing ingredients…
The oil moisturizes skin, which the roughness of the magnesium exfoliates. In addition, there are a lot of options for scents, and essential oils like peppermint or citrus are two favourites. A pinch of cinnamon powder and a few drops of peppermint essential oil make a festive addition.
Some other great combinations would be:
- Lavender and Vanilla
- Citrus and Peppermint
- Lemon and Rosemary
Magnesium Foot Scrub Ingredients
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or almond oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid castille soap (optional, but makes the texture smoother)
- Optional: 10-15 drops of essential oil of choice
How to Make Foot Scrub
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and add essential oils or scents until desired scent is achieved.
- Store in airtight container and use a teaspoon sized amount to exfoliate feet or body as needed.
- Rinse after use.
Scrub the feet two to three times a week and your feet will be ready for those summer sandals.