This term is also used to describe the trend in design and architecture. The concept of minimalist architecture:
To strip everything down to its essential quality and achieve simplicity.
The reason why I became such a fan of minimalism
Because of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which in most cases is not good, but in this case, it’s to my benefit.
Minimalism is a tool that can help you in finding freedom;
A minimal based house never has any clutter, or dirt, or the feeling of being overwhelmed.
Other than basing minimalism around housing, I found an article written by The Minimalists who explain that in becoming a minimalist there is ‘Freedom from fear, Freedom from worry, Freedom from overwhelming, Freedom from guilt, Freedom from depression, and Freedom from the trappings of the consumer culture we have built our lives around’ Real Freedom!
Many people around the world take minimalism to a whole new level where they genuinely simplify their lives to the extreme, for example: not spending money on material things or becoming vegan. Not all of us can be complete minimalists due to the continuous demands of society, but a conscious effort to simplify your life may have a high number of benefits.
So I suggest you start by taking five easy steps to give you some freedom:
- Do a spring clean, get rid of all unnecessary items. Specifically those you don’t use or wear (I give all my old articles to charities)
- Stop buying things that you don’t need! I know shopping is fun. My worst habit is buying anything and everything that looks interesting but ends up being unused.
- Clear all flat surfaces around the house. Leave out only a few décor items or flowers. Everything else should have their place in a cupboard or drawer. After all, this is what cupboard space is meant for!
- Learn to let go emotionally. Let go of shoes/jewellery/ memories that no longer serve a purpose in your life. Move on from your past. It is called your “past” for a reason. Begin looking forward to the future instead of turning back.
- Lastly. Finally, now that you have started letting go of things, keep going. You will feel like a weight has lifted off your shoulders.
Living simply is “simply” the best way to live!
Decor and Furniture available at Lifestyle Shop at Lourensford Estate and Lifestyle Shop Online
Trackback from your site.