For the past week i took part in the #MyGarnierComeCleanChallenge and i absolutely cannot wait to share my experience with all of you! I recieved a beautifully packaged box of goodies that would prepare me for the week ahead.
Day 1: Micellar Cleansing Water
” The Perfect Companion for every woman. Utilize your cleansing water in the morning to feel fresh and ready to start your day”
What is Micellar Cleansing Water?
A super efficient and gentle way to cleanse, remove makeup, soothe the feel of skin and hydrate in just one step – it’s not magic, it’s Garnier Micellar!
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water contains micelles which act like magnets, gently lifting away makeup and impurities from the skin, without the need to rub or rinse. The result?
Beautifully cleansed and refreshed feeling skin in an instant. The formula is suitable for the face, eye area and lips, has no perfume and comes in a generous 400ml size.
Why is Micellar Cleansing Water Different?
It is a super easy way to remove makeup while cleansing and purifying the skin in 1 step without having to rinse
Garnier’s Skin Naturals Philosophy:
Whenever possible, they use naturally derived active ingredients which have been carefully extracted to preserve their quality and purity
Their products are formulated and dermatologically tested to ensure effectiveness and respect for your skin
Their products have proven efficacy and results you can see for yourself
The Various Types Of Micellar Cleansing Water:
I am so enjoying using this product. My skin is very sensitive, especially my eyes when i wear makeup. So this product has just been amazing. It removes all my makeup off without burning my eyes, and i can feel it cleansing and cleaning my skin from the inside out. It basically feels like silky soft water over your skin that is so purifying you just can’t get enough
Day 2: Revitalising Tea
” Find balance and revitalise yourself with our detox tea. Drink a warm cup of revitalising tea in the morning to keep your body feeling cleansed and clean “
A tea to wake you and invigorate you. The aroma itself is incredible, but the real show begins when you add steaming hot water. From the spicy flash of cinnamon, ginger and cloves, the aromatic pop of cardamom and orange, to the flicker of spearmint and green tea. This is a tea to welcome your senses back to life.
Benefits of cinnamon include: Lowers blood pressure, prevents infections, great for IBS, prevents cancer, It has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial functions, fights arthritis and osteoporosis, preserves food, memory and cognitive development, weightloss properties, helps with PMS and depression
Benefits of cardamon include: Helps with digestion, detoxifies the body, great diuretic, good for depression, oral health, colds and flu, fights cancer, good for blood pressure, has antioxidants, is an anti-inflammatory
Benefits of ginger include: Great for nausea, loss of appetite, natural digestive, aids in weight loss, gives you slight energy, detoxifying, good for joint pain
Day 3: Dear Diary
” Spill your beauty secrets in a diary of confessions. At midday, take some time to clear your mind and come clean with your daily thoughts “
Some of my beauty secret confessions:
- I know the most important part of any beauty regime is to drink loads of water, but i don’t drink nearly enough
- I hate doing my hair, my go to hairstyle is a messy bun with some hairspray
- I never used to put sunscreen on my face, which is vital, so i decided to purchase a moisturizer that has a high SPF
- When i am super lazy, i use my fingers to apply my foundation. It’s a big no no!
Some of my beauty tips:
- Less is more, don’t be that girl that cakes her makeup on, when in fact she actually looks more beautiful with very little
- Quality over Quantity. Don’t be shy to spend on skin and beauty products, they last long and worth every cent
- If you want your lashes to grow fast, put some caster oil on them before bed every night
- Always brush your hair from the bottom up, when its wet, it prevents knotting
- Always use a primer before foundation, your makeup will last much longer
- Contouring is a great way to shape your face / bring out your cheek bones
- Try stick to colours that will make your eyes pop
Day 4: Water Water Water
“Purifying water bottle for motivation, hydration and feeling great. In the afternoon, go for a walk and sweat out any negative thoughts”
Bobble Purifying Water Bottle
Bobble is a fun, reusable bottle that filters water as you drink. when water passes through the ingenious carbon filter, chlorine is removed from ordinary tap water. It makes water taste better. Crisp and Clean. Bobble is a beautiful alternative to single-serve plastic water bottles, which harm the earth (and your wallet). Each replaceable bobble filter equates to 300 single-serve bottles. Drink up.
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don’t Medicate, Hydrate!
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Save Money! – Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!
Source : Mind Body Green
Day 5: Scented Candle
” A scented candle for the mind, body and soul. Your day may be stressful, but in the evening come clean with a long bath and a calming scented candle “
Yankee Candle : Summer Scoop
Delicious memories of creamy, homemade strawberry ice cream on a hot summer day. One scoop or two?
The traditional design of our signature classic jar candle reflects a warm, relaxed sense of style that’s always at home. Convenient and easy to use, our small jar candle provides 25 to 40 hours of true fragrance enjoyment.
Best Ways To Enjoy Your Candle:
Candles give you a great opportunity to just reflect on your day, or even forget about your day. I really enjoy burning a candle during a bath at night to switch my mind off . Or even whilst reading a book. Watch some of your favourite shows on tv. And even just burning a candle while you work to make you feel calm.
Follow Garnier SA:
Facebook: Garnier SA
NB: We will be giving away a #GarnierComeCleanChallenge gift pack which includes all the items above. Keep your eyes glued to the Life Retreat Competition Page!