These carrot quinoa protein muffins are loaded with natural sweetness and full of healthful ingredients. They are gluten free, sugar free and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
Carrot Quinoa Protein Muffins Recipe
2 Flax eggs (2 tablespoons Nature’s Choice Ground Flaxseed + 5 tablespoons warm water)
1 cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour
½ cup Nature’s Choice Hemp Seeds
½ tsp Nature’s Choice Cinnamon
¼ cup Vegan Butter, Melted
½ tsp Nature’s Choice Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
One tsp Vanilla Extract
½ a tsp Nature’s Choice Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
½ cup Nature’s Choice Honey
1 cup Finely Shredded Carrots
1 cup Cooked Nature’s Choice White Quinoa
½ cup Golden Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C and lightly grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
2. Prepare flax eggs: mix flaxseed and water together in a small dish or cup and set aside to allow to congeal.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the oat flour, oats, hemp seeds, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
4. Add in the nut or seed butter, maple syrup, melted vegan butter and flax eggs. Stir until well combined.
5. Gently fold in the shredded carrots, cooked quinoa, and golden raisins until well distributed throughout the batter.
6. Fill muffin tins until almost completely full so that all the muffin batter has been used up. This should make exactly 12 muffins with each muffin cup full to almost the very top.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing the muffins from the muffin pan. Allow muffins to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to an airtight container for storage in the refrigerator or freezer. If you’ll be freezing them, you can thaw out in the microwave for about 30 seconds on high.