Get creative and warm things up with this delicious and healthy Curry Chickpeas Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe. Enjoy!
Curry Chickpeas Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
1 cup Canola Oil
2 tbsp Curry Powder
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Ground Allspice
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg Spice
2 tsp Fresh or Dried Thyme
1 ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
2 Green Onions, chopped
1 tsp Cumin Spice
1 tsp White Pepper
3 cups Cooked Nature’s Choice Almonds Chickpeas
12 cups Cubed Potatoes
1 cup Broth or Water
1 cup Coconut milk (Can be replaced with broth, water or Nature’s Choice Coconut Milk Powder)
Nature’s Choice Cayenne Pepper
12 cups Fresh Leaf Spinach
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 pinch Nature’s Choice Himalayan Fine Salt to taste
1. Heat up oil in a large saucepan, and add onions, garlic, thyme, cumin spice, allspice, smoked paprika, nutmeg and curry powder, stir occasionally for about 2 – 3 minutes until onions are translucent.
2. Then add potatoes, stir and sauté for about 2 -3 more minutes. Add coconut milk /stock/water if necessary to prevent any burns
3. Next add chickpeas, green onion, and broth. Bring to a boil and let it simmer until sauce thickens, it might take about 18 minutes.
4. Lastly throw in some spinach, parsley, adjust for salt, pepper and stew consistency. Stir for about a minute until spinach is wilted.
5. While curry is simmering. Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave: Prick the potatoes all over with a fork.
6. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes is tender, turning the potatoes once.
7. Clean and dry the sweet potatoes, poke holes into the sweet potatoes, place in the microwave and cook for about 4 minutes.
8. Let them cook for a couple of minutes.
9. Slice the sweet potatoes in half and stuff.
Tags: Chickpea recipe, Curry Chickpeas, Recipe, Stuffed Sweet Potatoes