It’s important to have a basic quiche recipe. It comes in very handy especially when guests drop in. However, this quiche recipe comes with a twist. Instead of using the normal pie crust, we’ll use phyllo pastry.
Mushroom & Leek Quiche
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry cut into 36 (thirty six) 12 x 12 cm squares
- 60 – 80 ml melted butter
- 30 ml oil
- 200 g rindless streaky bacon, chopped
- 8 baby leeks, thinly sliced
- 300 g mushrooms of you choice, sliced
- 2 extra large eggs
- 350 ml Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Use 3 phyllo squares at a time – brush each lightly with butter and place on top of each other not overlapping the corners.
- Gently push into the cavities of a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Heat the oil and fry the bacon and leeks until soft and golden.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until golden.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared phyllo cases.
- Beat the eggs, almond milk and seasoning together.
- Divide between the prepared phyllo cases.
- Top each with a sprig of rosemary.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Serve with salad.