This oat and berry breakfast is full of sweet, juicy fruit and packed with protein making it a perfectly healthy way to start the day.
This healthy breakfast is not only great for busy mornings but quick and easy to prepare. Enjoy!
Oat And Berry Breakfast Recipe
1 cup Oats
3ml vanilla extract or the seeds of ½ vanilla pod
30ml icing sugar
250g thick greek-style yoghurt
125ml cream, whipped
Fresh berries, such as strawberries, raspberries and pomegranate rubies
1. Place the Jungle Oats Original, salt and milk in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Then simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
3. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
4. Add the icing sugar, yoghurt and whipped cream and fold gently to combine.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, before serving with fresh berries.
Cooks note – alternatively, replace the berries for sliced peaches or nectarines and toasted flaked almonds