Curry may not be an obvious meal choice in summer but this one is very light and refreshing. So, if you’re looking to give your Friday night curry a healthy makeover, then you need to try this recipe.
- 30 ml oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, grated
- 15 ml Thai red curry paste
- 375 ml Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 15 ml fish sauce
- 30 ml soft brown sugar or palm sugar (grated)
- 400 g headless, peeled prawns, cooked
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 80 g sugar snap or mange tout peas, sliced
- 2 carrots julienned
- Basil leaves (deep fried in oil – optional)
- Stir fried baby marrow spaghetti or Basmati rice for serving
- Fresh coriander or basil leaves for garnishing
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, almond milk, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the prawns and cook over medium heat until just cooked.
- Add spring onions, peas and carrots and cook until spinach has just wilted.
- Serve over baby marrow spaghetti or basmati rice and top with coriander and basil leaves (or optional deep fried basil leaves).