Nothing excites the taste buds like the aroma of freshly baked bread especially when you are hungry for an afternoon snack. These sweet bread buns are so mouth-watering that you will eat at least a couple at a goal.
They are so soft and fluffy that you’ll be able to eat them plain. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try and don’t forget to let us know how it goes.
Sweet Bread Buns Recipe
480g plain flour
4 tablespoons caster sugar
3 tablespoons milk powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons dry yeast
1 egg, lightly beaten
150ml lukewarm water
40g butter chopped
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
What to do
1. To prepare the dough, sift the flour, milk powder, caster sugar and salt into a bowl.
2. Add in dry yeast and mix well. Make a well in the flour mixture. Add in the beaten egg, butter and mix well.
3. Gradually add in water and mix to form a soft dough.
4. Transfer dough onto a floured surface and knead for 20 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Roll the dough into a big ball and put it in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave it in a warm place. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. This should take at least one hour on cooler days.
6. When the dough is double in size, punch the dough down with your fist. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for another ten minutes. Then divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
7. Place the dough portions on a baking tray. Leave the tray in a warm place until the dough portions are double in size.
8. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush the plain dough with lightly beaten egg before putting them in the oven. The dough with toppings do not need to be brushed with egg.
9. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the top of the bread buns is golden brown. Remove buns from the oven and let them cool slightly.