Making your own homemade vegan cashew cheese is easier than you think. All you to do is use our special ingredients; cashew nuts, nutritional yeast, agar powder and more.
Vegan Cashew Cheese Recipe
½ cup + 2 Tablespoons Raw Cashews
¼ cup Nature’s Choice Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ cup Agar Flakes
¼ cup Sunflower Oil
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 tsp White Truffle Oil (Optional)
1 dash Chopped Chives (Optional)
1. Lightly oil 3 to 4 small ramekins.
2. Using the pulse button on a food processor, finely grind the cashews (do not allow the cashews to turn into a paste). Add the nutritional yeast, onion powder, salt, and garlic powder. Pulse 3 more times to blend in the spices.
3. Combine the soy milk, agar, and oil in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the agar is dissolved.
4. With the food processor running, gradually pour the milk mixture through the feed tube and into the cashew mixture. Blend for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
5. Blend in lemon juice, and truffle oil and chopped chives (if using). Note: if your food processor isn’t very big, simply pour the cashew mixture into the saucepan and stir it vigorously for a minute or so, and then add the remaining ingredients.
6. For grated or sliced cheese: Transfer the cheese to a ramekin; cover and refrigerate until it is very firm for about 4 hours. Once it is firm, use a knife to gently remove the cheese from the ramekin. Grate or slice the cheese as desired.
7. For melted cheese: Use the cheese immediately as melted cheese. To make the cheese in advance, cover and refrigerate it. When ready to use, melt it in a saucepan over medium heat until it is smooth and creamy, stirring frequently and adding more soy milk to the melted cheese to thin, if necessary.
8. The cheese will keep for 4 days, covered and refrigerated.
Tags: Cheese recipe, Recipe, Vegan Cashew Cheese recipe