Most people do not even imagine beetroot as a breakfast ingredient but in recent times, this root vegetable has been added to smoothies or smoothie bowls, omelettes and cereals.
In this recipe, we bring you a delicious Beetroot Porridge.
Beetroot Porridge Recipe
250 g Grated Beetroot
2 cups Milk
2 Red Apples
One pinch Nature’s Choice Sea Salt
1 tsp Mixed Spice
¼ cup Maple Syrup
60 g Blueberries
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1. Place beetroot, milk and one cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for five to seven minutes or until beetroot is tender.
2. Grate one of the apples.
3. Stir the oats, salt, mixed spice and maple syrup into the beetroot mixture.
4. Cook over medium-low heat until the oats has softened and thickened.
5. Stir in the grated apple.
6. Cut the second apple in half, core and slice it.
Serve the oats (hot or cold and top with the sliced
apple, blueberries and pumpkin seeds.
Tags: Beetroot Porridge, Beetroot recipe, Recipe