The Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp foundation, is launching in Port Elizabeth. On the 19th August 2016, which, would have been Reeva’s 33rd Birthday. The foundation is planning to provide a bursary, to a law student, specialising in family law.
Reeva campaigned passionately against the abuse of women, and children. After graduating as a lawyer, she used her public profile as a model, TV personality, and socialite, to raise awareness throughout SA. The Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp Foundation has been established in her name. It strives to honour the work which, Reeva would have continued to do herself. Reeva’s dream was to educate women, and children against abuse. As well as, to provide shelters for those in need of a safe place. Reeva’s mother June, whilst, having to deal with her own grief, and heartbreak, has become passionate about achieving her daughter’s dream. The Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp Foundation, borne from tragedy, is now Reeva’s voice. This is the driving force behind the tireless work, to establish the RRS Foundation.
The Foundation strives to be Reeva’s voice, and continue her work in educating, and empowering victims of Domestic Violence, and Abuse.
- Educate the world against the abuse of women, and children.
- Educate woman on their self-worth, and right to a safe environment.
- Inform victims of abuse, and of resources available to them.
- Empower women through education, and skills development, to become self-supportive.
Domestic Violence – One Stop Educational Pack (“Reeva Pack”).
The Foundation’s very first initiative, is a unique world first.
“The Reeva Pack”, will be introduced internationally, through all forms of media on the 19th of August, 2016.
We require funding for the start-up costs of the packs, and the printed material for the contents of the pack.
Attached is the explanation of the REEVA PACK, and what we intend on achieving.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The public can either donate money for this purpose, or buy these packs (which will then be sent to them) for distribution.
After the RRS Foundation’s initial launch, there will be further launches, in Johannesburg, and Cape Town, later on this year. Should you wish to contribute in any way, it would be most appreciated.
The RSS Foundation, requires sponsors for the following:
- Purchase the RRS Violence packs, to distribute to police stations, hospitals, schools etc.
- Prizes for Auctions, to raise funds at all events.
- Ambassadors wishing to align themselves.
- Food, drinks, entertainers and venues for functions.
- People willing to donate their time, and energy into the cause.
- Companies, wishing to help stand against the abuse of women, and children.
We are open to suggestions for ideas for fund raisers, and to help spread the word.
to get involved with Women Abuse as it is much needed
Here is the link to the Reeva Foundation and on here you will find all of the info you require