The top 3 fit skin foods – Both during and after pregnancy, it’s essential to load up your plate with healthy choices that benefit your body and your skin. It’s a well known fact, that when you want to have a healthy pregnancy, it’s not just what you eat that’s important, but always try to exercise if possible. Don’t worry about heavy or swollen legs either, there is a great way to cure that too…
The top 3 fit skin foods:
1.Wild salmon: One of the best sources of skin-strengthening essential fatty acids (or in our world, Omegas) is salmon, and this particular fish is low in mercury and high in the omegas that keep your skin elastic, enhance your milk and help baby’s brain develop.
2.Dark green vegetables: Rich colours in nature are produced by antioxidants, so eating dark green leafy salads (think spinach and kale) help keep your body and skin as fit as possible.
3. Fruit: Is it a coincidence that fat, sugar and other bad-for-your-skin foods don’t contain any water? Water-rich fruits are bursting with collagen-protecting antioxidants and valuable hydration, and they’re the best way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Pregnancy & Exercise:
Exercise and feeling good
1. Keep moving Make the time for a leisurely stroll or whatever workout you can safely and comfortably handle each day… It’s great for your health, and there’s no better time to bond with your baby-to-be.
2. Slow and steady wins the race. Listen to your body and give in to the occasional craving (baby wants it, after all!), but don’t go overboard. As much as you might think you need that extra doughnut, try to keep the weight gain slow and steady. You will be amazed at how much more energy you will have and how much better you will feel if you put good-for-you foods inside.
Swollen or heavy legs
Why do legs swell during pregnancy?
Did you know that you have a third more blood in your circulation system when pregnant? Isn’t nature amazing! But that extra pressure combined with water retention and carrying that little baby around all day can take its toll on your legs and feet.
Blended with V-Tonic™, our amazing circulation booster, natural Spearmint, organic Coconut Oil, cooling Menthol, healing Arnica, Ginger Root, Murumuru Butter and Tangerine Oil, this is one mother of a spa treatment giving you rapid relief, helping de-puff, gently moisturise and cool.
*Here is a tip to help with the heavy or swollen legs:
Use Mama Mio’s Lucky Legs cooling energising leg gel, it brings instant comfort, cooling and de-puffing anytime, but is especially fab after a sweat session at the gym to help cool your heels.Keep it in your gym bag or handbag so you can pep up those pins whenever you need it. Be sure to apply with gentle, upward strokes to help increase lymphatic drainage, which will help decrease your swelling.
What it basically does:
• Increases micro-circulation to relieve that tight feeling
• Helps with water retention
• Instantly lightens and relieves puffy legs