TRE uses seven exercises to release the psoas muscle, the deepest and largest muscle in the body. This powerful muscle holds physical, emotional, and mental stress that we carry in our bodies over the course of our lives.
TRE is a simple technique that uses exercises to release stress or tension from the body that accumulate from every day circumstances of life, from difficult situations, immediate or prolonged stressful situations, or traumatic life experiences (i.e., natural disasters, social or domestic violence). It is easily learned, immediately effective and self-empowering. We have all experienced trauma and/or stress, and there are many forms that we may have come in contact with.
Different types of trauma and stress include:
- Physical: sports training, surgery, birth, car accidents, falling off your bike, abuse, injury.
- Emotional: relationships, grief/loss, moving homes, divorce.
- Mental: workplace environment, worry, school, lack of control, parents, children, addiction.
- Vicarious: exposure to negative news on TV or social media, exposure to an intense work environment (ie. police officer, firefighter, paramedic)
- Compassionate: listening to family/friends’ problems
- Generational: trauma that gets passed on culturally or from family
What are the benefits of TRE?
Some of the many reported benefits of this practice include:
Improved sleep, decreased stress and anxiety. Also, increased flexibility, healing of old injuries, increased resilience and increased relaxation. Furthermore, improved awareness of the body and mind, reduced muscle & back pain, relief from chronic medical conditions and decreased PTSD symptoms.
How does TRE support the release of stress?
TRE is a breakthrough in trauma recovery and has been used by millions of people around the world. It is an effective tool for releasing chronic traumatic stress, physical tension and emotional trauma. Furthermore, it is also quickly becoming a popular way to release the everyday stress, tension, and anxiety that evolves comes from the daily pressures of life.
Since this shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior as humans, everyone can benefit from TRE. In addition, this shaking of the muscles, neurogenic tremors, increases the resiliency of the body because it causes deep relaxation that naturally reduces stress levels.
Hurtful experiences, stress, and tension are part of everyone’s life and we often do not realize how these experiences are etched deep in the mind and body. However, you can benefit from TRE whether you are a parent/spouse who would like more patience with your family, a victim of violence or accident. Also, if you are suffering with PTSD, or simply a person who wants to become more relaxed and just feel better about the every day challenges of life.
Reported benefits include:
– reduction of anxiety, anger, stress, tension and post trauma symptoms
– better, deeper sleep
– reduction of muscle and back pain
– increases mobility, energy levels and autonomy
– resolves bodies trauma patterns neurologically
– reduced anger and rage
– release of emotions from mild upset to severe anxiety
– balancing of the nervous system
– aid to healing of past injuries
– relief from chronic medical conditions
– helps recovery from addictions
– complements speech and other therapies
– improving of relationships, less conflicts
– increase of self-esteem and confidence
New benefits of TRE reveal themselves every day as the body releases held tension and traumatic events. Thus, healing occurs on many different levels both physical and emotional. By reducing stress and tension levels within the body, these exercises have secondary benefits that encompass many areas of an individual’s life. TRE is a simple and affordable process, proven effective in restoring the human spirit.
[Tweet “Dealing With Trauma And Stress – TRE” #Liferetreat_”]