Tipiak Oriental Mint & Lemon Couscous with Chickpeas and Lentils
If you are looking for something different to prepare for your family for dinner or a dinner party, then here is an easy-to-make Tipiak couscous recipe, created by renowned Burundian chef Coco Reinarhz. It’s so delicious!
Preparation: 20 minutes. Bake: 30 minutes.
• 250 g of Tipiak Greek Style Couscous
• 1 chopped onion
• 1 courgette
• 3 tomatoes
• 4 sticks or 400 g of cardoons
• 500 g of lamb
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil
• 100 g of canned chickpeas
• 100 g of green lentils
• 1 tablespoon of paprika powder
• Salt, pepper
1. Rinse then chop the onion and the courgette.
2. Rinse then slice the tomatoes and cardoons.
3. Dice the meat in large pieces.
4. In a pot, brown the onion with some olive oil, add the meat, chickpeas, cardoons, lentils, courgette and tomatoes.
5. Spread some paprika on the mixture, season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour hot water (until you cover all of the ingredients in the pot) and cook for 30 minutes.
7. 10 minutes before the end of the cooking, prepare the Greek Style Couscous as indicated on the pack.
8. Serve the couscous with meat and vegetables.
Tipiak, a leading French food company, has earned its reputation as a supplier of innovative, state-of-the-art, quality gourmet-style prepared food products, through its all-embracing quality approach and expertise in combining and cooking ingredients. Tipiak products can be found in Macro, Spar and Pick n Pay, or visit www.staffordbros.com for more information.