Tipiak Polenta Piemontaise Style Recipe
For 150 years, Tipiak has been selecting the best cereals and flours from around the world for use in its products. Polenta is an Italian speciality made from corn semolina, which, just as rice or pasta, is served with meat or fish or on its own with a sauce. Tipiak’s pre-cooked polenta is ready in 5 minutes, can be cooked on the stove or in the microwave, can be served soft or hard, does not contain any added colours, flavours or preservatives and is a delicious substitute to rice, potatoes or pasta
Preparation: 10 minutes. Bake: 40 minutes.
• 200 g of Tipiak pre-cooked Polenta
• 1 l of milk
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 4 eggs
• 100 g of grated Parmesan
• 200 g of diced Comté cheese
• 250 ml of fresh cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Bring the milk to the boil in a large pan with salt.
3. Pour the polenta in the pan and stir.
4. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat, continuously stirring. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
5. Add the Parmesan, the Comté cheese and the eggs. Stir.
6. Grease a gratin dish with butter, pour the mix, and add the fresh cream.
7. Cook for 40 minutes.
8. Season and serve straight away.
Tipiak, a leading French food company, has earned its reputation as a supplier of innovative, state-of-the-art, quality gourmet-style prepared food products, through its all-embracing quality approach and expertise in combining and cooking ingredients. Tipiak products can be found in Macro, Spar and Pick n Pay, or visit www.staffordbros.com for more information.