Although we are in the height of Summer, infections, bugs and other health issues can strike at any time. That’s why here at Life Retreat we have come up with a list of the most effective home-made immune boosting herbal medicines. Bookmark this post for Winter and we guarantee that these recipes will be of great use to you when you feel run-down.
Seven Effective Herbal and Natural Medicines
1. Garlic – Take three or four cloves with lunch and free yourself from gastric problems whilst getting your blood circulating effectively.
2. Ginger – Prepare a hot ginger tea and drink it to heal your respiration system.
3. Vitamin C plus Zinc plus Echinacea (pills or tincture)
4. Elderberries – The perfect antidote to take when you’ve used up your sick days at work but still feel rough. You can buy syrup, supplements, cough drops and tea of it. It naturally helps you sweat out a fever and break it.
5. Oranges – Juice your oranges to get all the Vitamin C nutrients without any synthetic flavour that you get with orange juices.
6. Chlorella – Chlorella (in powder/capsules or otherwise) supports a healthy immune system response and helps “natural killer” cell activity.
7. Sea salt & hot water – This is a preventative measure. Whenever you feel as if you are about to get sick (persistent coughing/sneezing etc) gargle hot sea salt water 2 or 3 times during the day. Repeat this for as long as you like. I personally have been doing this for years and very rarely get sick.
Chlorella can be bought from our online store here.
Organic Ginger Vegecaps can also be purchased from our store by clicking here.