The children at Hugh’s Haven would like to give back by offering you a chance to win a 3 night retreat in Mozambique which includes several swims with dolphins in the ocean. They are holding a raffle to collect the needed funds. Starting from R25 for a single entry you could win this amazing experience, worth R3500!
A letter from Hugh’s Haven
For those of you who do not know, we are a children’s home catering to children whose mothers/gogos are unable to take care of them until such a time that they are able to, then the child is placed back with the mom/gogo while we monitor the situation. We have a few orphaned children remain permanently in our care. We are a registered NPO as well as registered with BEE. Copies of our certificates as well as bank statements are available on request.
We have moved into a new home in Linbro Park in the beginning of November. We would like to thank everyone who assisted us with the move, both financially and physically also and to each and everyone who helped with the rent, expenses and groceries as well as for your attention and and time given to the kids. Without your kind assistance we would not have been able to take care of all these children.
The Raffle Prize:
We are currently running a RAFFLE; main prize is a 3 night Dolphin retreat package for 1 person, in Ponta Malongane, Mozambique to the value of R3500. This includes several swims with dolphins in the ocean.
For more info or to buy your tickets, please click here to email Hugh’s Haven the amount of tickets you purchased along with your proof of payment. Sponsored by Courtney from Halo Gaia Adventure Travel.
Cost of tickets are R25 each or R100 for 5 tickets.
Ponta Malongane is the ideal resort destination for those who enjoy scuba diving, snorkeling or other beach and ocean pursuits while being backed up by comfortable Mozambique accommodation.
Ponta Malongane is situated approximately six hours from Johannesburg and four hours from Durban. The ideal border to reach Ponta Malongane is the Kosi Bay border post . A border transfer service from the Kosi Bay Border is offered for those who do not have a 4×4 vehicle – which is needed to get to Ponta Malongane due to soft sand.
Activities at Ponta Malongane
- Scuba Diving: Parque de Malongane Resort is a PADI 5-star Gold Palm Resort which offers more than 30dive reefs. The closest reef is only 300m offshore.
- Ocean Safaris: This activity allows visitors to observe the beautiful landscapes and experience the power of the ocean, while possibly coming into contact with the many dolphins in the area.
- Fishing is a very popular activity at Parque de Malongane – a spear fisherman’s dream destination. A cleaning area is provided in the dive camp for deep-sea fishermen with their own boats, and excellent staff are trained and willing to assist.
- Snorkeling: Explore the gorgeous Indian Ocean by snorkeling along the various barrier and patch coral reefs. The resort’s Dive Shop offers a full range of Aqualung diving and snorkeling gear to rent at affordable prices.
Raffle funds will go towards their urgent needs:
- We URGENTLY need to secure additional committed monthly funding/sponsors/corporate donors to enable us to pay the rent in full by the 7th of each month. Should you know of anyone who could assist in this regard please would you contact me.
- Support in our various fundraising projects. We will be doing Barnyard shows again as of this year.
- Plumber – services of a plumber – 2 loose toilets; 1 loose basin; several leaking taps; 1 leaking toilet.
- Lap Top – I urgently need a new lap top, mine keeps turning off after 20 to 30 minutes of being on, I cannot afford to lose all the work on it and need to get another one as soon as possible.
- Alternator and battery for Mahindra Scorpio, our car is not going at the moment, we cannot be without transport as we are taking care of little children, we need to be mobile in case of emergency.
We also collect any unwanted used clothing, toys, baby goods, household goods, blankets, furniture, etc. that we distribute to the children and other children’s charities. Take the Life Retreat Charity Blanket Initiative, click here
Should you, your company or anyone that you know be able to assist us in any way, would you please contact me.
*Please we urgently need some assistance to pay towards our rent to enable us to provide a stable home for the children.
You can sponsor a specific child by only donating R300 a month.To donate or sponsor a child, please contact Gilly Levy at Proraiz on 0836752154.
Our banking details are as follows: Please should you make a payment would you send me an email or sms with your details to enable me to do thank you letters more timeously.
Branch Code: 254205
Account name: Hugh’s Haven
Transmission account number: 62120624219
Chaya and all at Hugh’s Haven: 0824806935