The countdown has begun! Less than 5 days to go to the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2015 Grand Finale
Time is running out. Angelo Sirocco is off to show the World what South Africa is made of!
On the 26th of June, Milan, the city that is hosting the world with Expo 2015, will embrace twenty young chefs coming from all over the planet to show their talent and creativity and to achieve the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2015 award.
To win the much coveted prize, they will submit their signature dishes to an extraordinary jury of seven famous international chefs, “seven sages” like Gastón Acurio, Yannick Alléno, Massimo Bottura, Margot Janse, Yoshihiro Narisawa, Joan Roca and Grant Achatz. Just one winner will be selected by the unquestionable authority of this great panel of culinary artist.
The Grand Finale event will be full of surprises. Thanks to the partnership with Vogue Italia, S.Pellegrino’s ally in its unabated commitment to scouting and promoting talent, some other important prizes will be awarded.
Vogue Italia matched each young chef with an emerging designer, selected through an international scouting. These designers ideated a fashion creation inspired by their partner’s signature dish, thus giving birth to an unprecedented fusion between fine food and style.
During the Grand Finale, two prizes for the the Best Chef-Designer couple will be awarded. One will be selected thanks to the votes of all the guests attending the event, a parterre made of vips, influencers, chefs, and international journalists. The other will be assigned via Vogue.it, the online edition of the highly renowned and influential magazine, where all the Chef and Designer creations have been published, enabling food and fashion lovers from around the world to vote their favourite.
Last but not least, the best talented designers will also receive an award assigned by Vogue Italia as Best Designer. This will be determined by a jury led by Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia, Editorial Director of Condé Nast Italia. Global Ambassador against Hunger ( WFP), and composed by Massimiliano Giorgetti, Ennio Capasa, Alberta Ferretti, Sara Maino, Marlene Taschen, Giò Marconi.
Finedininglovers.com, the online magazine for food enthusiasts proudly endorsed by S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, will continue to provide foodies exclusive contents and constant updates about the project, with interviews,
signature dishes and other information concerning the young chefs, the fashion designers and the Grand Finale in Milan.
Here are the names of the chefs, the restaurants they work for, the regional areas from which they were selected and their fellow designers. The twenty couples of chef-designer can be also found on Finedininglovers.com, where all their names will be unveiled before the final event with special interviews.
- ITALY, Paolo Griffa – Piccolo Lago, Verbania. Designer: Vivetta
- FRANCE, Paul Feybesse – Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris. Designer: Maison Père Camille Omerin
- GERMANY-AUSTRIA, Tobias Wussler – Landhaus Bacher, Mautern an der Donau, Austria. Designer: Arthur Arbesser
- SWITZERLAND, Martin Elschner – Sonnenburg, Zurich. Designer: Portenier Roth
- SPAIN-PORTUGAL, David Andrés Morera – ABaC, Barcelona, Spain. Designer: Moises Nieto
- UK-IRELAND, Mark Moriarty – The Culinary Counter, Dublin, Ireland. Designer: Kirsty Ward
- RUSSIA/BALTICS/CIS (EX SOVIET UNION), Eldar Muradov – Mansarda, St.Petersburg, Russia. Designer: Anton Belinskiy
- SCANDINAVIA (NORWAY/SWEDEN/FINLAND/DENMARK), Christian André Pettersen – Spiseriet, Stavanger, Norway. Designer: Altewai Saome
- EAST EUROPE, Stefan Barca, Belgrade, Serbia. Designer: Dora Abodi
- BENELUX, Alex Joseph – Rouge Tomate in Brussels, Belgium. Designer: Hellen Van Rees
- MED COUNTRIES, Alexandros Tsiotinis – Calypso Restaurant, Elounda, Greece. Designer: Daizy Shely
- USA, Vinson Petrillo – Zero George Street Hotel and Restaurant, Charleston, South Carolina. Designer: A Morir
- CANADA, Paul Moran – CMH-K2 Lodge, Nakusp. Designer CG Chris Gelinas
- AFRICA-MIDDLE EAST – Angelo Scirocco, Chefs Warehouse and Canteen, Cape Town, South Africa. Designer: Ashi Studio
- LATIN AMERICA – CARIBBEAN – Maria José Jordan, Amaz, Lima, Perù. Designer: Paula Cademartori
- PACIFIC (AUSTRALIA/NZ/PACIFIC ISLANDS) Peter Gunn – Attica, Melbourne, Australia. Designer: Christopher Esber
- CHINA, Zhu Wenyuan – Lady Bund, Shanghai. Designer: Xiao Li
- JAPAN – Ryoma Shida – ESqUISSE, Tokyo. Designer: Yasutoshi Ezumi
- NORTHERN – EAST ASIA, Jinyong Park – Chef de Partie from Zero Complex, Seoul, South Korea. Designer: Miuniku
- SOUTHERN – EAST ASIA, Kirk Westaway – JAAN restaurant, Singapore. Designer: Ken SamudiFollow the hashtag #SPYoungChef if you do not want to miss any update about the event and the Grand Finale in Milan.
Source: Amplicon PR, Cape Town